Program Operations Manager
For 35 years, Gohagan & Company has provided distinctive world-class travel programs for non-profit organizations nationwide and in Canada. Our success is made possible by travel professionals that pride themselves in exceptional customer service and commitment to our marque.
Successful candidates demonstrate:
♦ Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task
♦ Strong written and verbal communication skills
♦ Excellent attention to detail
♦ Positive “can do” attitude
♦ Comfort in a fast-paced work environment
♦ Use of independent judgment
Program Operations Manager Job Description
The following comprises the duties and responsibilities of the Program Operations Manager (POM). This position reports directly to the Director of Operations.
· Responsible for the administration and successful operation of all non-air aspects of assigned world-wide travel programs.
· Ability to use judgment and make decisions to coordinate passenger needs for hotels, ground transportation, tours/tour guides, luggage handlers, motor coaches, transportation, meal coordination.
· Provide quality customer service to enhance and fine tune customization of programs specific to Client Organizations. Responsible to manage and implement all quality assurance related items while program is operating and to escalate concerns to management team in Operations, where needed.
· Maintain and adhere to approved budgets and update/prepare final program budgets to be submitted to Pricing. Responsible for negotiating and fine tuning of program land and cruise budgets.
· Ongoing maintenance of “Black Book” and electronic files for assigned programs.
- Contract review with hotels, ground operators, ships.
- Monitor day-to-day operations of a program as per the Operations timeline.
· Responsible for establishing/creating operational details/ post proposal stage – specific to Client Organization needs.
· Responsible to update logistical and planning documents for assigned programs such as Technical Itineraries and Date Schedules.
· Responsible to review pre-departure and Ops manual information for accuracy by the deadlines within Company timeline.
· Responsible for inventory control, review dates and supplier deposits/payments.
· Keep track of and verify program payment schedules and invoices.
· Responsible for program finalization. Finalize contracts – if not already done so by Program Planning – to be submitted to the Director of Operations for final sign off.
· Prepare program Turnover meeting materials to be given to Production to produce brochures and hold the meeting.
· Prepare and send Travel Director documents for all travel programs.
· Review TD Reports, Client Organization Host/Lecturer reports and passenger surveys to ensure proper consideration and direction is given for changes in future operations. Liase with Program Planning.
· Prepare and give program briefings to Passenger Services as needed.
· Responsible to assist in emergency situations during operating travel programs
· Required to provide weekend assistance coverage for Emergency calls on operating travel programs between Friday and Monday, on a rotating basis.
· 5+ years of industry experience in Travel / Hospitality / Meeting Planning.
· Detailed administration, negotiation and budgeting skills required.
· Superior planning and organization skills with a high level of attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and work well in a fast-paced work environment.
· Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and the impact of worldwide events.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to represent the Company effectively in a variety of situations.
· Strong punctuality and reliability.
· Honest, mature and energetic professional.
· Well organized individual that is deadline oriented and able to make decisions in a fast-paced work environment.
· Team player, who is also able to work well independently with minimal supervision.
· Excellent computer skills including and with an emphasis on Excel, MS Word and Outlook.
· Become proficient in Softrip computer software program.
· Willing to work outside of normal office hours as needed to assist with successful operation of assigned travel programs, and during emergency weekend coverage for all operating programs.
Gohagan & Company employees are committed to nondiscrimination in our employment and personnel practices. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.