Public Health Promotion Program Manager
OPENING DATE: 11/27/19
CLOSING DATE: 12/04/19 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Human Services and Public Health
We're hiring a Program Manager to oversee the Health Promotion area of the Public Health department. The Public Health Promotion area focuses on places where people live, learn, work and play to help residents make healthy lifestyle choices. In this role, you will provide leadership and knowledge of population health and health equity to manage the operations of health promotion programs. This role may be a good fit for you if you enjoy both the interpersonal and operational sides of program management.
First round interviews will be scheduled for early December 2019.
Location and hours:
Work hours are primarily days, Monday through Friday. No weekend, overnight or holiday shifts are required. This position requires occasional travel to community partners, including healthcare, school, government and nongovernment agencies.
In this position, you will:
- Provide leadership for development and implementation of population health promotion initiatives that integrate health equity principles.
- Plan, organize, direct and evaluate the overall operations of the health promotion programs.
- Manage finances by developing budgets, reviewing overall financial status, tracking and managing expenses and revenues.
- Provide leadership for pursuing and managing grants, and manage contracts and approve contract deliverables.
- Identify and engage with community partners to leverage and share expertise and resources towards addressing health equity and disparity issues.
- Meet and consult with advisory boards and committees and speak to community groups. Serve as subject matter expert for media and other inquiries.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- A master's degree or higher in public health, business administration, public administration, healthcare administration, behavioral/social science, and/or a related field and two years or more of supervisory experience in an area related to the position.
- A bachelor's degree in one of the above fields and three years or more of supervisory experience in an area related to the position.
- Seven years or more of supervisory experience in an area related to the position.
- Ability to occasionally travel to community partners, including healthcare, school, government and nongovernment agencies.
Nice to have:
- Delivering population health promotion services.
- Managing and providing leadership to staff who are responsible for the delivery of population health promotion initiatives.
- Pursuing and securing grants.
- Developing, monitoring, and managing budgets.
- Collaborating with and leading projects team which partner across departments, jurisdictional lines (county, city, state), and community agencies.
About the department:
Public Health works to improve the health of all county residents by addressing the social and environmental factors that impact their health and offering programs and services that help them to be healthy. We promote physical and mental health; prevent illness and injury associated with communicable diseases and environmental conditions, and reduce chronic diseases.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting will remain open until filled and may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as a HSPH Program Manager.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.