This position will cover the north and northeast region including CBHH Bemidji, CBHH Baxter, MSHS Brainerd, Brainerd Physical Plant and CARE Carlton.
The Safety Administrator is responsible for the implementation of a comprehensive safety, health and risk management program for assigned facilities across Direct Care & Treatment. A focus on compliance with all local, state, and federal standards, laws and regulations relating to safety, emergency management, and the environment of care is paramount for these programs to operate effectively. Inherent in each responsibility is a focus on protecting the health and well-being of all staff, patients/clients, and visitors.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
· Developing and implementing a comprehensive safety program that provides a safe environment which is also compliant with all applicable rules, regulations, laws and standards related to internal and external polices, accrediting agencies, and other standards that support safety and the environment of care
· Assessing and recommending specific methods and equipment that support a comprehensive safety program which emphasizes employee health, safety and injury reduction based on available trends and data
· Assisting assigned facilities to effectively respond to emergency and disaster situations of varying degrees, inside and outside of the facility
· Maintaining a high degree of teamwork with administration, directors, managers, supervisors and staff members, including assembling and coordinating a multi-disciplinary Safety and Violence Prevention committee
· 3 years of professional safety and health experience in a large organization or healthcare setting ensuring compliance with agencies such as The Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Department of Health and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), that demonstrates the following:
o A thorough knowledge of federal and state occupational safety and health rules and regulations, cumulative trauma injury prevention, ergonomics, techniques of injury prevention and hazard evaluation;
o A basic understanding of industrial hygiene;
o Leadership skills sufficient to productive and solutions – focused conclusions;
o Experience identifying occupational safety and health problems and to develop support and implement solutions
Note: A Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health or highly related field may substitute for 1 year of experience. A Master’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health or highly related field may substitute for 2 years of experience.
- Master’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health or highly related field
- Certified Industrial Hygienist or Certified Safety Professional
- Healthcare experience in a setting such as a hospital or care setting