68039485 - Government Analyst II
Agency: Agency for Health Care Administration
Working Title: 68039485 - GOVERNMENT ANALYST II
Position Number: 68039485
Salary: $1,783.89 / Bi-Weekly
Posting Closing Date: 11/12/2019
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the quality of health care in Florida. The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) is the State of Florida agency responsible for oversight of the Medicaid program. The Medicaid program provides low-income families and individuals with access to health care. If you have a desire to use your talent and skills at an organization that provides critical services to millions of individuals and families across the state, AHCA invites you to apply to become an essential member of our team. As one of Florida’s leading state agencies, AHCA’s diverse workforce community of more than 1,400 employees is proud of its efforts to serve the people of Florida.
We are seeking to hire a Government Analyst II who desires to work to enhance the delivery of health care services through the Florida Medicaid Program. This position requires a candidate who is creative, flexible, innovative, research oriented, and who will thrive in a fast-paced, team based work environment. The incumbent in this position is responsible for conducting research and preparing reports that synthesize complex and/or large amounts of information into a useful format and presentation (with recommendations) related to requests for coverage of new health services under the Florida Medicaid program and special projects.
The incumbent will have an opportunity to work in a growing and changing health care environment and learn more about Medicaid managed care. The incumbent will have an opportunity to develop policies that are applicable to the Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care program and research new and emerging trends in health care. The incumbent will need to possess excellent research and writing skills and be able to communicate effectively. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Additional job responsibilities include: collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing information/data from peer reviewed research studies and other reliable sources of information; preparing research reports and report summaries for publication; coordinating with internal subject matter policy experts to obtain needed information to finalize research and report recommendations; providing consultative support to the leadership team in the bureau and among peers on relevant policy matters; analyzing and developing fiscal impact statements on proposed program revisions; preparing legislative budget requests and proposals; preparing bill analysis; working on special projects as assigned; researching state and federal laws that govern the Medicaid program; and representing the Agency in local, state, and national workgroups/meetings.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and demonstrated successful management of complex projects and initiatives.
An ideal candidate will be able to:
1. Utilize fine-tuned research skills to provide consultative information to internal and external stakeholders related to federal and state authorities
2. Be flexible and able to function and succeed both with and without extensive direction
3. Understand the Medicaid Policy vision and have the ability to implement
4. Execute projects, assignments, and policy updates timely and accurately within a fast-paced environment
5. Function both independently and in a team environment
6. Propose solutions to complex problems
7. Determine the best yes, through the use of comprehensive research
8. Move cost-saving and cost-effective health policy forward
Applied skills and work of the ideal candidate include:
1. Knowledge of the Florida Medicaid program, including pertinent Federal laws and regulations, state statutes and rules, the Florida Medicaid State Plan and its amendment processes.
2. Strategic planning experience to develop approaches and plans for successfully implementing goals, objectives and priorities of the Bureau of Medicaid Policy and the Division of Medicaid.
3. Conduct thorough research and condense into recommendations for leadership.
4. Provide consultation and expert advice to leadership using logic and analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches.
5. Assistance to teams that develop fee schedules for covered services (including the application of national coding standards and guidelines).
6. Conduct fiscal analyses
7. Communicate, correspond, and provide trainings/presentations to both internal and external inquirers.
This position requires travel.
AHCA offers an excellent array of benefits, including:
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental, vision and supplemental insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Tuition waiver for public college courses
- Training opportunities
This position is located in the Bureau of Medicaid Policy. For more information about the Bureau of Medicaid Policy, please visit our website at http://ahca.myflorida.com/Medicaid/index.shtml.
Join us at the Agency for Health Care Administration in fulfilling our mission to provide “Better Health Care for all Floridians.”
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the methods of data collection and analysis.
- Knowledge of basic management principles and practices.
- Ability to collect, evaluate and analyze data to develop alternative recommendations, solve problems, document work flow and other activities relating to the improvement of management practices.
- Ability to organize data into logical format for presentation in reports, documents and other written materials.
- Ability to conduct fact finding research.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to travel with or without accommodations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Have at least three years of professional experience with program planning, research, and evaluation.
- Have at least three years of professional experience with systems and management analysis.
- Have at least three years of professional experience with research and demonstrated application of research skills.
- Have at least three years of professional experience implementing and managing complex projects.
- Have at least three years of professional experience serving as a lead or assistant on a major research project.
A bachelor's degree from a college or university and three years of professional experience in systems analysis, management analysis, program planning, program research, program evaluation, engineering or administrative work is preferred.
A master's degree from a college or university can substitute for one year of the required experience.
Professional or nonprofessional experience as described above can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the preferred college education.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
CONTACT: LAKEYSHA BOATWRIGHT 850-412-4210
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market: Tallahassee