Community Development Coordinator (Coordinator I - E)
Reporting to the East & North District Coalition Offices Supervisor, this position is responsible for planning, implementing, tracking and evaluating community development projects and activities.
The Community Development Program Coordinator provides trainings, technical assistance, tools and resources to assisting community groups, community members, and the thirteen neighborhood associations of East Portland with their community building and civic engagement, projects, activities and events.
In addition, this position is tasked with supporting neighborhood associations and community groups to effectively engage with government agencies and elected officials and to inform public decision-making.
More specifically this position is responsible for:
- The development of program designs, budgets, features and metrics
- Develops and recommends associated program policies and operating and administrative procedures
- Develops an annual work program and calendar; plans
- Organizes and implements work activities to meet established overall program goals and objectives
- Analyzes alternative methods or processes to meet program and service delivery goals
- Ensures program compliance with all applicable City and outside agency requirements
- Maintains and reports on program activities and performance results data
- Monitors conformance with program requirements
- Assists in tracking program expenditures
- Coordinates program activities with other staff and outside agencies
- Participates in developing program partnerships, with external agencies, organizations and community groups