Public Health Sanitarian
This position is responsible to enforce local, state, and federal regulations through conducting inspections, that pertain to the sanitation of food and water, handling of hazardous and infectious wastes, and cleanliness and safety of housing and institutional environments, and is responsible to collect and analyze samples for assessments of these potential hazards, and to work with the Public Health Officer with the results.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in environmental health, bacteriology, biology, or related field.
- Two years’ work experience in an environmental health setting.
- Wisconsin Registered Sanitarian or REHS/RS credential.
- Pool Operator or Aquatic Facility Operator Certification preferred.
- Must successfully pass criminal and caregiver background checks.