Business Analyst I - ALLETE Clean Energy
GENERAL PURPOSE :
Supports ALLETE Clean Energy (ACE) and its affiliates by providing a variety of accounting, financial, and budget related support. Assists with the preparation of periodic and miscellaneous accounting entries; processes accounting data and transactions; assists with review and analysis of accounting or financial data; supports landowner payment process; assists with the preparation of financial and operating reports and variance analyses; and participates in other accounting processes. Responsibilities include internal & external reporting, intercompany billing coordination & payments to ALLETE, interfacing with internal & external stakeholders, inventory and fixed asset oversight, debt compliance, cash projections, and a variety of related duties.
Participates in the annual operating and construction budgets, assists with the documentation of ACE policies and procedures; and contract retention & management. Complies with standards to assure conformity with generally accepted accounting principles. May be required to represent ACE to third parties including but not limited to: landowners, creditors, and partners. Initiative to complete assigned duties is required, as well as organizational skills and the ability to perform duties under time constraints. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required in order to establish and maintain relationships.
- Support ALLETE Clean Energy (ACE) and its affiliates by providing a variety of accounting and budget related support, primarily for on-going construction projects
- Process accounting data and transactions
- Assist with review and analysis of accounting or financial data
- Support landowner payment process for new developments
- Assist with the preparation of financial and operating reports and variance analyses
- Internal & external reporting
- Intercompany billing coordination & payments to ALLETE
- Interfacing with internal & external stakeholders
- Cash projections
- A variety of related duties
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting strongly preferred, but an equivalent degree with applicable accounting course work may be considered.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree (in accounting or equivalent) obtained by December 31, 2019 will be considered.
- No experience required.
- Proficient with accounting systems and Microsoft Office software suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required in order to establish and maintain relationships.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.