Contract Specialist (Pathways)
This job opportunity announcement (JOA) will be used to fill positions in the DLA Pathways to Career Excellence (PaCE) Program for class cohorts beginning January 21, 2020 and June 22, 2020. To receive consideration for the January 2020 cohort all qualifying education for this position must be completed by December 31, 2019. To receive consideration for the June 2020 cohort you must complete all qualifying education by May 31, 2020.
- Selected candidates will serve in an entry level position performing a series of progressively more responsible functions, along with formal and on-the-job training (OJT). The following duties will be performed in a developmental capacity:
- Procuring items awarded through formal advertising and/or through use of negotiation techniques;
- Reviewing requisitions to determine that proper specifications or purchase descriptions are included in solicitation documents;
- Considering financial responsibility of suppliers by evaluating contract performance on previous contracts;
- Reviewing solicitations and amendments for adequacy and completeness; and,
- Monitoring vendor performance for compliance with terms and conditions of the award.