Quality Assurance Specialist (Pathways)
This job opportunity announcement (JOA) will be used to fill positions in the DLA Pathways to Career Excellence (PaCE) Program for class cohorts beginning January 21, 2020 and June 22, 2020. To receive consideration for the January 2020 cohort all qualifying education for this position must be completed by December 31, 2019. To receive consideration for the June 2020 cohort you must complete all qualifying education by May 31, 2020.
- Selected candidates will serve in an entry level position performing a series of progressively more responsible functions, along with formal and on-the-job training (OJT). The following duties will be performed in a developmental capacity:
- Providing pre-award and post-award support to contracting officers and engineering activities, contract administration components, and DLA contractors;
- Assisting in preparing and issuing QA letters of instruction to government inspection activities/depots on contract quality requirements and history;
- Participating in quality systems management visits to evaluate the adequacy of technical requirements and product conformance;
- Evaluating QA procedures, reports, inspection and test methods and other operational aspects involving assigned items/commodities; and,
- Establishing and maintaining quality history files by item, contractor and specification.