Security Specialist I
- Serve as the corporate access control expert.
- Maintain and update the access control system, visitor management system and intrusion alarm system.
- Assist with surveillance camera projects and integration with the access control system. Provide training and support for Security Control Operators.
- Review and recommend changes to access control, visitor management and alarm response procedures. Initiates emergency response by notifying ALLETE personnel and emergency response teams.
- Initiate and maintain databases for security account information reporting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Emergency Management or closely related field of study.
- Two years or more of job related work experience in Security Management systems.
- Must have solid working knowledge of office software (word processing, spreadsheet, database, email), and security management systems.
- This position is subject to hearing, vision, and color perception assessment.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
- Incumbent must possess valid Class D driver’s license and the ability and credibility to acquire TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credentials).
- Requires effective and consistent communication skills.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.