Technology Specialist I
Support and guide the use of computing devices, audio/video equipment and print services across the university by providing a professional level of service that meets the computing needs of the Lawrence University community, a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
1. Provide direct support to end users of Apple, Windows and other computing devices as part of the user services team.
2. Provide direct support to end users of local and network printers.
3. Provide direct and prompt support to end users of classroom technology.
4. Assist in the development and implementation of an on-going technology training program that addresses the ever-changing needs throughout the Lawrence community.
5. Maintain detailed documentation of all work performed and timely, accurate asset inventory records.
6. Assist the Manager of User Services in consulting with members of the Lawrence community to define computing needs, determine configuration changes, and project planning.
a. Provide support including selection, purchase, inventory, implementation, and software licensing for computing systems, mobile devices and related equipment.
b. Perform or oversee the installation of computing hardware and software.
c. Coordinate the maintenance and service of campus-wide computer systems and related equipment, using both in-house resources and outside service providers.
7. Provide all relevant documentation and background information to facilitate efficient issue resolution when referring issues to other department members.
8. Prepare and maintain complete setup and configuration documentation.
Assists the Manager of User Services in ensuring that user support services are coordinated with all other aspects of Technology Services and project management. Will supervise some student assistants and work closely with all members of the professional staff within Technology Services.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience required.
2. One year of technology support experience required.
3. Demonstrated technical expertise with Windows systems, network printers, audio/video projection equipment and mobile devices. Experience with Apple OS X, Adobe applications and Microsoft Office would be helpful.
4. Experience in providing user support or training.
5. Strong customer service orientation.
6. A commitment and desire to stay abreast of ever-changing technologies.
7. Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
8. Must be able to:
a. push and pull equipment cart with up to 100 lbs. of force (this is different than the amount of weight in the cart)
b. work at floor-level and under desks for up to 5 minutes
c. lift and carry up to 50 lbs. up/down stairs
d. Able to lift up to 25 lbs. to 70” shelf
e. do regular bending, stooping, walking and standing for long periods of time.
1. Must have successful completion of criminal background check, driving record check and reference checks.
Lawrence is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We encourage applications from individuals who will help us create a more inclusive Lawrence by: (1) further diversifying our staff and/or (2) demonstrating experience with successful diversity-related initiatives; and (3) showing interest in developing a portfolio of off-campus opportunities that address the needs and interests of a diverse student body.