Mankato, MN or Minneapolis MN
BUSINESS WRITING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read, review, and understand Request for Proposals (RFP's) and respond in a timely manner.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information; gathering, writing, and reviewing content; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; and transmitting proposals through necessary production functions with administrative assistance, when available.
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions.
- Draft and edit proposals for grammatical errors, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ensure content is compelling, unique, and customized for success through research, interviews, and a persuasive writing style.
- Ensure effective layout of information, partnering with graphic designer as needed.
OTHER WRITING + COMMUNICATION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Press releases, white papers, and presentation content
- Social media alerts and blog posts
- Marketing material, brochures, handouts, and SOQs
- Digital content such as project descriptions, award notices, and leadership updates
- Firm descriptions and writing needs for awards, grants, and other projects
- Proofread and act as a peer editor, as needed.
- Effectively interview key contributors, asking appropriate questions to then translate into a persuasive and compelling output.
- Work closely with marketing, business development, and technical teams to ensure all written information is correct and that materials are of the highest quality.
- Maintain quality by following and maintaining standards for branding, readability, consistency, and tone.
- Participate in educational and professional opportunities to keep current with industry trends.
- BS/BA in marketing, communications, or related field with at least three years' experience directly writing in a professional business setting; experience working in A/E industry preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with basic understanding and use within Adobe AcrobatPro specifically InDesign and Adobe Reader for content additions and markups graphic design not required as such functions are handled by graphic design team.
- Detail oriented person with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution.
- A hunger to learn and ability to flourish in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter with a creative, hands-on approach that emphasizes being responsive, eager, accountable, creative, and ingenious in every interaction.
- Ability to work 40 hours a week.
OTHER HELPFUL QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with solid prioritization skills.
- Can do attitude that takes ownership in work and continually seeks to improve writing and end product to best meet ever evolving client and firm needs.
- Team player that is willing to go above and beyond to advance department and firm efforts while being consistently responsive.
- Highly collaborative individual that is comfortable working with members across multiple offices and disciplines.
- Superb professionalism and down to earth personality that is able to extract unique and compelling details from team members, creating successful marketing pieces.
- Creative writing style that is able to effectively connect with target audience while adhering to general style and writing best practices.
Here at ISG, every position plays an integral role within the firm's multi-disciplinary team. With a rich 45+ year history of providing innovative architecture, engineering, environmental, and planning services, we are proud to serve 12 markets and clients nationwide, with local significance and leadership throughout the Midwest. Our firm is 100% owned by employees, spans across four states, and has a staff of 300+ professionals. ISG prides itself by focusing on our five key values that are instilled in each professional and relayed to clients, guiding our everyday operations and interactions; Responsiveness, Creativity, Ingenuity, Eagerness, and Accountability. Our internal motto, "All In" is reflected daily by employee owners fostering in collaboration, ingenuity and a positive work environment. At ISG, you are part of an organization ranked as a top 500 firm by Engineering News Record and also recognized as a Hot Firm and Best Firm to Work for by the Zweig Group. For further information about ISG please visit us online at: www.ISGInc.com
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.