Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
Hennepin County's Information Technology (IT) Enterprise Development division is seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer within the Business Intelligence and Data Services team. This position will focus on business requirement solicitation, report and dashboard development, data analysis and customer interface.
Location and hours:
This position is located at the Hennepin County Government Center at 300 6th St S, Minneapolis, MN 55487. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, any time between the hours of 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
About this position:
This position is eligible to receive an additional cash merit of up to $2,001.83 that can be earned annually based on performance.
In this position you will:
- Develop and maintain varied and highly specialized reporting solutions using IBM Cognos reporting tools, MS Power BI, and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Utilize SQL to query complex database systems, perform data mining and analysis activities and evaluate data credibility. Provide and validate information and data across sources, divisions and departments.
- Aid in the solicitation and documentation of business requirements from subject matter experts and effectively translate and communicate requirements among technical and business personnel.
- Create and maintain documentation throughout project development life cycles including requirements, design, development and end-product Service Level Agreements.
- Provide input with the planning and estimation of work products and projects.
- Partner with business partners, stakeholders, data administrators, DBAs, enterprise architects and other developers to design and deliver quality reporting solutions for all Hennepin County lines of business.