Middle School Counselor
Job Description: Full time middle school counselor for the 2019-2020 school year.
Qualifications: WI Certification or ability to obtain. Applicants must possess the dynamics to
build relationships with children, parents and the community to create an atmosphere of learning, trust, confidentiality, and mutual respect. The ability to interact with and be a contributing member of a high-achieving school and teaching faculty is also desired. Technology skills and the ability to apply them in the counseling field are beneficial.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Student-centered attitude and focus
- Passion in working with middle school aged students
- The ability to support all students towards academic, social, behavioral, and emotional success
- The ability to communicate with students, parents, and staff
- Demonstrated proficiency in the WI Comprehensive School Counseling Model
- Knowledge of Academic Career Plans
- Knowledge of and/or experience with transition programming, Response to Intervention process, Individual and group counseling, the WI Forward Exam, PBIS
- Knowledge of and/or experience with working with students who have experienced Trauma
- Passion to work with a diverse population
- Willingness to work with students and families in small and large group settings.
How to Apply: Applicants are encouraged to apply by using the Wisconsin Education Career
Access Network (WECAN) site. You may also send a letter of application, resume, credentials (3 current letters of recommendation and transcripts) and a copy of license to the address below. This job posting will be open until filled.