The Department of Student Accounts at St. Catherine University invites applications for a full time exempt Accounting Clerk beginning in early October 2019. This position reviews, maintains and posts general accounting transactions to student records. This position is also responsible for exchanging data with outside collection agencies using the agency database systems. In addition, this position processes and posts outside collection agency’s payments and returns. The salary range for this position is $18.00 – $21.00/hourly.
• This position is responsible for verifying payments posting to general ledger are correct.
• This position is responsible for general ledger reconciliations and verification, this position is responsible for processing journal entries.
• The position is responsible for maintaining the Student Accounts Emergency Payment Plans and in-house receivable accounts.
• This position is responsible for processing holds and email contacts for graduating students with past due tuition accounts.
• This position is responsible for providing student services for the Office of Student Accounts.
• This position is responsible for customer service for students, parents, faculty and staff, outside agencies and individuals.
• This position is responsible for all external communications, mailings, etc. and processing all forms.
• This position is responsible for setting up, maintaining and overseeing the web content that appears on TouchNet marketplace site for all department events, registrations and/or sales.
• This position is responsible to back up the student refunds processing of checks and eRefund processing.
• This position is responsible to backup to both the Loan Coordinator position and the other Accounting Clerk positions as needed.
• This position is jointly responsible to present at all registration and orientation events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BS/BA in accounting or business related degree.
• Experience in accounting related field, cashiering, posting payments, processing journal entries, collections.
• Experience working with financial and non-financial software, analyzing data and reporting results.
• Customer service oriented as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Customer service oriented as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong data entry skills with attention to detail
• Experience in higher education
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite & TouchNet
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable employees who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the University’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience.
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to apply for this position. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8.
For information, contact Trina Bartok at email@example.com.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website.