Senior Lab Coordinator - Business Technology
Senior Lab Coordinator - Business Technology
Madison Area Technical College
Posting Date: 11/28/2018
Application Deadline: 12/7/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Salary: $20.57-$22.89 Hourly
Department: School of Business & Applied Arts
Madison College invites individuals to join the School of Business and Applied Arts as a Senior Lab Coordinator.
We are currently seeking an individual who has a basic understanding of Business Technology Software, is an effective communicator and strong problem solver. The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional skills and experience that will enable him or her to provide their expertise to the School of Business & Applied Arts. If you are looking to share your Business Technology expertise to make a difference in the Madison College community, apply now!
Madison College is invested in providing the right resources to deliver modern technology to our students and staff. As a Madison College employee, you will play a part in maintaining the College’s mission, vision and values.
This position will be open until filled, with a first review date of December 7, 2018 at 12:00 pm.
After this date, the recruitment may close without further notice. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
PSRP classification range B23 with a starting salary of $20.57-$22.89 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience.
Madison College provides a generous benefits package including healh, dental, vision, and paid time off.
Hours: This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, during the fall and spring semesters with limited summer semester hours.
Organizational Function and Responsibilities:
This position will provide support to students taking business technology classes, and classes in other business-related disciplines, toward the goal of retaining them as successful students at Madison College.
This position reports to the Associate Dean of the School of Business and Applied Arts.
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Assists students with assignments and projects required in their program courses, with special emphasis on business technology area.
2. Assists students in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, desktop publishing, and document preparation software as well as computer equipment in the lab.
3. Maintains effective communication with faculty and students to ensure instructional needs are being met.
4. Schedules and trains work study/student help employees.
5. Promotes appropriate use of the computer lab through such things as reminding students of computer lab rules (if necessary) and respect for and current use of equipment and supplies.
6. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of existing and potential coursework-related software.
7. Assists with the coordination of maintenance of equipment with the Technology Services Department.
8. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of existing and potential coursework-related software.
9. Works closely with shared lab coordinator, the School of Business and Applied Arts administrative team, and School of Business and Applied Arts students.
10. Coordinates with the Business Technology faculty on the status and functioning of the labs, including status of software/hardware problems and their resolution, and on any flagrant violations of school and/or departmental policies by persons using the computer lab.
11. Performs routine maintenance of lab equipment, including basic cleaning, replacing supplies, and providing for general operating procedures.
12. Maintains reference materials and communicates issues to course assignments to faculty.
13. Maintains an active social media presence for the Business Technology Department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Thorough knowledge of the topic areas and project requirements of program courses in the Business Technology Programs (i.e. 103 Computer Software courses, and 106 programs such as Administrative Professional and Office Assistant).
2. Ability to establish and maintain rapport with students, both on a group and individual basis.
3. Ability to learn new software packages quickly and efficiently.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form.
5. Skill in the use of database, spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, email, document preparation software, etc. including, but not limited to, Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Project, Adobe InDesign, Blackboard, Internet, and Office 365.
6. Skill in the use of PC computer workstations.
7. Demonstrated skill in communications and human relations with populations having diverse backgrounds.
1. Associate degree in Business, Business Technology, Computer Software, Administrative Professional, Office Assistant, Medical Administrative Specialist, or closely related field.
A diploma or 30 college semester credits in Business, Business Technology, Computer Software, Administrative Professional, Office Assistant, Medical Administrative Specialist, or closely related field PLUS one year (2,000 hrs) of work experience directly related to the skills required for successfully performing this position. Experience used as the equivalent of an educational requirement is in addition to any other experience required by the position.
2. Two years (4000 hours) experience directly related to the skills required for successfully performing this position.
3. Experience in the use of PC computers in a business setting.
4. In-depth experience in using Windows, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and database software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Rosemary Buschhaus, J.D., SPHR , SHRM -SCP
Director of Employment and Employee Relations
1701 Wright St
Madison, WI 53704
Position Type: Support Staff
Posting Number: 20160603094
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1344479
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.