Administrative Assistant, Content Development & Business Affairs
Provide high-level of executive assistance and administration to Senior Vice President, Business Affairs and Programming Operations and respective departments (content development, brand management and marketing, business affairs) for Sirius XM Radio. Will directly support the Senior Vice President and will also provide support to various managers in the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage sensitive and confidential interactions between Senior Vice President, his direct reports, C-level executives as well as external partners, agents, etc.
- Screen solicited and unsolicited programming development proposals and disseminate to appropriate parties for feedback and follow up.
- Manage full cycle process around contract approvals and execution, collaborating with VP, Business Affairs.
- Act as liaison and gatekeeper for SVP, including but not limited to:
- Handle all scheduling, allocation of time and determining which meetings are essential to attend, with whom and when.
- Screen calls for business significance and priority.
- Review incoming mail to determine what needs to be addressed.
- Assist with the prioritization of the executive's daily activities and helps keep executive on track with meetings.
- Answer phones, proactively screens calls and takes messages
- Coordinate meetings and ensures the necessary facilities and equipment are reserved.
- Coordinate and confirm all travel and transportation arrangements.
- Monitor and assist with all personal expense reports.
- Compose, proofread and edit memos, letters and e-mails.
- Perform data entry, copying, faxing, printing, binding, mail distribution and supply ordering.
- Collect, track, and process all invoices in a timely manner. Manage all payment issues directly with vendors, contractors and accounts payable department.
- Direct resources and inquiries to various department/functional heads.
- Act as a key representative of Sirius to visitors and guests; plans and arranges logistics as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; prior experience in a media environment helpful.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships and communicate effectively with both internal and external colleagues, customers, talent, etc.
- Meticulous attention to details and accuracy of work product.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone; commitment to customer service principles.
- Ability to learn quickly and take initiative.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and follow through on tasks, projects, etc.
- Superior spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Comfortable working with confidential information and interacting with senior management, talent, artists and high-profile individuals.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced and constantly changing work environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); more than basic Excel required to effectively manage/track contracts, event budgets, etc.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.