Critical Thinking & Writing Instructor
CRITICAL THINKING & WRITING INSTRUCTOR
Capstone Educational Group’s mission is simple: to create tomorrow’s leaders. Our company believes in instilling critical thinking, intellectual vitality, and a lifelong love of learning in our students, ultimately preparing students to succeed as global citizens.
Capstone takes pedagogy seriously, always putting students first. We believe that giving instructors the freedom and responsibility to innovate drives student success. Simultaneously, critical thinking lies at the heart of our approach to every Capstone course; and thus, by integrating deep analysis into all our courses and setting high expectations, we challenge students to push past their comfort zones and achieve at the highest levels.
We offer a professional, collaborative environment that teaches students to not only improve their English but also succeed in their writing and humanities class. We’re looking for top talent to spark student passion about thinking deeply. We’re looking for instructors who thrive on going above and beyond for their students. We’re looking for leaders who take pride and ownership in their work as we expand to two new cities in mainland China this summer.
About Capstone Educational Group:
Founded in 2003, Capstone is one of Asia’s leading private educational institutions, focused on high-achieving students in the region. We were founded on the belief that when educators are passionate and are given the best resources, they can launch students into great professional and personal orbits.
With offices across Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, Capstone is at the heart of the education industry in Asia. Our thirteen years of experience combined with our unwavering commitment to our students have given us the expertise and resources to consistently produce students who not only achieve academically but also who possess leadership potential.
We are currently looking for a Critical Thinking & Writing Instructor to join our Hong Kong / Beijing / Shanghai / Shenzhen office due to our rapid expansion.
Leadership & Ownership:
Here at Capstone, we provide the teachers a sense of leadership and ownership. We encourage independent and at the same time collaborative work as many of the staff develop curricula for student groups between the range from Grade 3 to Grade 12 with input from the other teachers. We recognize the strengths that each instructor’s particular background and skills bring to the table, and we encourage staff to use their unique capabilities.
Working at Capstone Educational Group:
Are you looking for wider international exposure in Greater Asia? For our teachers, we offer the opportunity for mini-rotations between offices during their work period.
We work with students studying under a variety of different educational systems, from the American K-12 system, to the British GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Levels, to the International Baccalaureate, to the local Hong Kong Diploma in Secondary Education. This exposure to a range of curricula provides valuable insights into how education in Asia mirrors or differs from our instructors’ own experiences.
Regardless of the track that you choose, you will be in a position to drive impact and deliver tangible results. Graduates from our two-year program have gone on to get their Masters in Education at the best universities in the US, been accepted to prestigious universities including Oxford and Harvard, or chosen to make education a full-time career, both here and at other organizations.
We are looking for intelligent and driven instructors who are committed to student development. While all of our instructors have impressive backgrounds, they also possess enthusiasm and a diverse range of life experiences that engage and grow our students. Beyond this charisma and intelligence, we look for a moral aptitude and personal character that allows these instructors to be appropriate role models for developing youth.
- Develop students’
communication and critical thinking through socially engaging and thought
provoking themes, topics, and activities
- Present various perspectives for students to grapple with and continuously challenge students’ ideas
- Instill positive humanistic values in students, especially of critical thinking and rigorous analysis
- Instruct leaners of various English levels in weekly or twice-weekly lessons, ensuring full comprehension of course materials (minimum: Grades 5 through 10; ideally capable of teaching either Grades 3 through 4 or Grades 11 through 12)
- Assist in designing lesson content
- Prepare lesson materials and grade homework on a weekly basis, giving insightful, actionable feedback to lesson planners and students
- Inspire learners with an energetic demeanor and by forming personal connections with them
- Assess student performance qualitatively and deliver recommendations in progress reports
- Collaborate effectively with other teaching and administrative staff
The ideal candidate will:
an undergraduate degree from a university with an English medium curriculum
- Possess or will possess a Master’s degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or a related field (e.g. Reading / Literacy); or, demonstrate significant high-quality teaching experience
- Have a track record of proactively finding new ways to improve their organizations
- Show a strong sense of intellectual vitality that inspires learning in others
- Show strong interpersonal skills, especially when working with parents and colleagues
- Be comfortable in a flexible role with high degrees of personal independence
- Speak English natively, or at a native-equivalent level (IELTS 9 or TOEFL 118+)
Benefits at Capstone Educational Group:
- Full work visa sponsorship for Hong Kong / China
- Competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications and performance bonuses
- Friendly work environment surrounded by young, accomplished, dedicated professionals
- Round-trip transportation / Travel allowance
- One month of accommodation upon arrival
- Opportunities to take on meaningful leadership positions in a rapidly expanding company with a reputation for excellence
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Job-rotation Scheme: Internal transfer for staff to move from office to office during contract period or upon completion of 1-year employment term (Hong Kong and China offices)