Art Teacher FT
Kato Public Charter School is hiring a FT Art Teacher for the 2018-19 school year.
Summary of duties:
● Provide art instruction to students in grades 6-12.
● Oversee independent work elective courses.
● Monitor progress and communicate with students and parents.
● Develop art extensions for structured projects in collaboration with other teachers.
● Plan and execute an engaging experiential activity for Community Classroom Week
● Actively engage in PLC, Child Study, and PD
● Actively participate in school management committees
● Salary range $40-43K depending on experience and qualifications
○ Employer-paid health, life, and short/long-term disability insurance
○ Optional employee-paid vision, dental, HSA, additional life
○ Paid time off with cash out option
● Voice in school management
● Small school environment with small class sizes
● Bachelor’s degree and valid Arts teaching license in Minnesota
● Excellent organizational skills, oral and written communication skills, and work ethic
● Desire to mentor, inspire, and promote continuous growth in all students
● Flexibility to work in a non-traditional educational setting and a changing environment
● Ability to work independently, as well as participating in and leading teamwork
● Motivated and enterprising personality
● Comfortable using technology and familiar with Google Apps for Education
● Fluent in English
● Experience with online learning and/or flipped classroom
● Experience in non-traditional educational settings
● Training in Restorative Practices
● Experience with grant-writing
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, college transcripts, contact information for 3 professional references, and teaching license file folder number to Claudia Madrigal at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until a qualified candidate is hired.
Kato Public Charter School is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.