Recruitment and Admissions Officer
Recruitment & Admissions Officer
LEDA is a national, not-for-profit organization dedicated to identifying and developing the academic
and leadership potential of exceptional public high school students from socioeconomically
disadvantaged backgrounds. These students are currently underrepresented in our nation’s top
colleges, universities, and ultimately, leadership sectors. LEDA believes that highly competitive
colleges and universities are a nexus for the development of leadership. These institutions require an
infusion of diversity to improve the mix of ideas and information impacting leaders of public and
private organizations across the nation. By helping socioeconomically disadvantaged students gain
admission to selective, academic institutions, LEDA seeks to equalize educational opportunity. LEDA
recognizes that we are better off as a nation and as a people if we offer equal opportunity regardless of
socioeconomic status, drawing upon the leadership potential of all of our most talented citizens.
About the Position:
LEDA is seeking a dedicated and passionate individual to recruit and admit future cohorts of LEDA
Scholars. Reporting to the Director of Recruitment & Admissions, the Recruitment & Admissions
Officer works to grow and strengthen LEDA’s applicant pool through strategic outreach to and
collaboration with public schools and community based organizations across the country. The
Recruitment & Admissions officer also serves as a senior member of LEDA’s admissions team,
evaluating applicants and making final admissions decisions, as well as coordinating enrollment in
the LEDA Scholars Program. This position is an excellent opportunity for an early career professional
with a background and interest in admissions & recruitment and/or college access. Our ideal
candidate is an effective communicator and positive team member, who is passionate about
connecting with students and educators of all backgrounds to expand educational opportunities.
Recruitment Marketing and Outreach
• Identify new CBOs and high schools to increase LEDA’s network.
• Cultivate meaningful relationships with new and existing high school partners, CBOs,
affinity organizations, school districts, and professional networks to generate a robust
and qualified applicant pool.
• Plan and execute up to 4-5 recruitment trips to targeted communities to deliver
presentations, recruit LEDA applicants and raise awareness about higher education
• Work with the Recruitment & Admissions team to develop a marketing plan and new
marketing content, including videos, social media posts, emails, webinars and presentations.
• Track outreach efforts in LEDA’s Salesforce database to report and improve
• Recruit and train current LEDA Scholars and alumni to conduct recruitment workshops
in targeted communities.
• Update and maintain online application.
• Support students, families, teachers, and counselors throughout the LEDA application
process to promote application completion.
• Review and evaluate LEDA applications.
• Conduct interviews with LEDA finalists.
• Engage in team deliberations to select LEDA Scholars.
• Communicate with students, parents, and school personnel throughout the selection
and enrollment process.
• Facilitate Scholar on-boarding and their transition to Princeton.
• Support the administration of the Aspects of Leadership Summer Institute at Princeton
University, particularly during opening and closing weeks.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Prior experience in the area(s) of recruitment and admissions, high school counseling, and/or
• Experience with social media and marketing a plus
• Demonstrated commitment to promoting educational equity for students from
• Exceptional interpersonal, public speaking, communication and writing skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and manage deadlines
• Strong technical and data tracking skills (e.g. familiarity with MS Office, Salesforce, social
• Willingness to work independently and as a member of a team
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive over long distances.
This is a full-time position. The salary offered will be in the mid $40,000 per year range and is
commensurate with experience. LEDA offers medical and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan,
TransitChek, at least three weeks paid vacation, and paid sick leave.