School Mental Health Practitioner-$2000 sign on bonus
Fernbrook Family Center is an innovative mental health agency providing individual, family, and group therapy, CTSS and ARMHS skills training, and children’s case management services in various settings including in-home and community, traditional outpatient, and school environments.
Fernbrook Family Center has an established partnership with the MN Department of Human Services to assist schools in providing mental health services throughout Southeastern Minnesota. This partnership aims to reduce barriers, increasing school age children’s access to receive mental health services within the school setting.
At Fernbrook, we are competitive, collaborative, creative, and committed to providing personalized treatment to all clients ranging from birth through adulthood. We believe our home and community based services, along with our relationship based approach allows us to meet our clients where they are at, helping them heal and grow. Fernbrook is excited to welcome a School-Linked Mental Health Practitioner to our growing team of mental health professionals.
In this role you will provide behavioral/skill-based interventions to young children, adolescents, or adults by providing skill-building activities (anger management, problem solving, interpersonal skills, etc.) within the Stewartville Middle and High School. You will learn about how various mental health diagnosis look like in different age populations, present in individuals, and expand your knowledge in interventions Join us in our mission to tailor our services to fit the unique needs of each family or individual.
We are committed in tailoring your job experience to fit you career goals by providing ample opportunities to develop you professionally.
About Service Area:
For more information about the school districts, please visit the following websites.
Stewartville High School: http://www.stewartvillehigh.portal.rschooltoday.com/
Stewartville Middle School: http://www.stewartvillemiddle.portal.rschooltoday.com/
This position is full-time and hours include 8:00am-3:00pm and some evenings.
This opportunity includes:
- Flexible work schedules that allow you to continue post-secondary education, ongoing training, and practice
- Partnerships with various colleges and universities to alleviate tuition cost
- Opportunity to shape and grow new programs within your passion and interests
- Receive $300 conference allowance for continuing education
- Amazing work culture and collaboration to remind you that you are valued and appreciated for helping provide client-centered services
- Wellness initiative programs to help integrate a healthy lifestyle into the workplace
- Teach social, communication skills and coping mechanisms within school environment
- Develop positive relationships that support clients in meeting their goals
- Enable clients to improve basic functioning of daily and community living activities
- Create individual treatment plans for children or adults
- Document observable behaviors and symptoms
- Complete clinical documentation in timely manner
- Attend and actively participate in individual supervision and team meetings
- Create effective working relationships with school personnel, Fernbrook staff, care givers, and community partners
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have either one of the following to qualify:
- Master's degree in behavioral science field OR
- Bachelor's degree in a behavioral service field and 2000 hours working with children under 21 years of age with a mental health diagnosis OR
- 6,000 supervised hours working with children under 21 years of age with a mental health diagnosis
- Must be available to work some evenings per week
- Excellent communication, advocacy and collaboration skills preferred
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license, valid automobile insurance, and acceptable driving record
- Must pass criminal background check based on agency and Department of Human Services requirements
Fernbrook Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, military status, veteran status, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability or genetics any other classification protected by federal, state or local law