Information Technology (IT) Specialist
Ecumen Pathstone Living seeks an Information Technology (IT) Specialist to join its team. Ecumen Pathstone Living consists of 61 assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 69 nursing home beds, 21 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services and is located in Mankato, Minnesota. Ecumen creates home for older adults wherever they choose to live.
Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have consistently recognized Ecumen as a “Best Place to Work,” an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
The Information Technology Specialist provides and coordinates customer support in the use of computers, telephones, all technology-related equipment and software.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoots, repairs and keeps in working order all computers, phone equipment and office equipment, including switches and uninterrupted power supplies. Responsible for preventative maintenance of computer systems and other information systems.
- Responsible for set-up of computers, laptops, kiosks and phone systems as required or requested.
- Supports staff with questions regarding computer, phone, and cable issues. Assists and trains users on use of computer hardware and software applications.
- Monitors the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate access levels are maintained. Responsible for network computers including software and hardware upgrades, inventory and recordkeeping.
- Gains approval, orders, and installs and/or sets-up new equipment.
- Acts a liaison between the home office and the site for all computer, internet or equipment issues, installation, and/or upgrades.
Information Technology Specialist
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Technical school or work experience in computer networks, software, hardware and repair.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic understanding of wired and wireless systems. Basic understanding of network environments (LAN/WAN). Must have working knowledge of Windows, MS Office, TCP/IP, and DHCP
- Current valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable)
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility and regulatory agencies.
- Associates degree in information technology field of study
- 1-2 years prior IT experience
- Knowledge of clinical software systems
- Prior customer service experience
- Prior experience working with seniors
Equal Opportunity Employer --
Ecumen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability or veteran status.
We participate in E-Verify and pre-employment drug testing.