Career Pathways Manager
CAPI USA has been working with immigrant, refugee and low-income communities since 1982 and serves about 3,500 participants annually. CAPI’s mission is to guide individuals in their journey toward self-determination and social equality. CAPI’s holistic programming seeks to enhance economic and social change opportunities that allow people of all ages and nationalities to lead successful lives.
This position works closely with CAPI’s MFIP Manager and Workforce/Development Director to provide integrated employment, training and financial services to people seeking employment. The Career Pathways Manager oversees DEED funded Career Pathways (i.e., credentialed cohort training), DHS-funded Refugee Employment Services, VITA and other programming to be developed. This position provides day-to-day administration, financial management (~$650k) and ongoing staff supervision and support of 4.8 FTE employees and 2 FTE AmeriCorps who collectively serve 600-800 people annually. Primary responsibilities include the ongoing development, implementation and evaluation of programming; financial/contract management and reporting; staff supervision and training; and making contributions to the agency’s overall effectiveness.
· Manages DEED-funded Career Pathways programing Hires, supervises, supports and evaluates 2 FTE Career Pathway Navigators that team with 2 FTE AmeriCorps members to recruit and provide high quality services to low-income participants enrolled in On Ramp and Bridge to Integrated programming.
· Manages DHS-funded Refugee Employment Services programing Hires, supervises, supports and evaluates 1.5 to2 FTE RES Counselors that provide high quality services to refugee eligible participants.
· Manages VITA programing Hires, supervises, supports and evaluates a 6-month (December to May) .30 FTE VITA Coordinator and a part-time Public Ally AmeriCorps member who implement VITA services in two CAPI centers (IOC and East Lake Street) serving approximately 250-300 people annually
· Manages other economic support services to be developed
· Provides effective fiscal oversight of programs to enhance CAPI’s financial position
· Provides effective leadership and supervision
· Serves as a strong team player, helping CAPI achieve its mission and strategic imperatives
· BA degree and at least 4 years of experience in progressively responsible (direct service/leadership) positions
· Minimum of two years supervisory and budget/program management experience
· Previous experience in workforce development programming and work with immigrants and refugees strongly preferred
· Knowledge of various workforce development programs, local provider organizations and funders
· Knowledge of workforce development best practices associated with assessment, Individual Service Plans, case management methods, etc.
· Knowledge of the barriers participants encounter in searching for, obtaining and retaining employment and training.
· Ability to interpret, develop, and stay within a budget
· Ability to manage complicated partnerships and management agreements
· Ability to establish clear goals, expectations and boundaries and lead a multi-cultural team and to direct, delegate, coach and mentor staff
CAPI USA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. CAPI USA prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment on the basis of age, race/color, disability, marital status, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or veteran’s status. AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M / F H DV.
Our organization has a partnership with Metropolitan Alliance of Connected Communities (MACC) to provide administrative services including management of the recruiting process. If you apply for this position, you may see references to MACC in some online materials. You may also be contacted by a MACC employee to conduct or schedule an interview.