Chief of Pharmacy - Operations
This position is responsible for the daily operations and supervision of the pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in the MDVA centralized Pharmacy.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume/application clearly describes your experience in the areas listed below, and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held. Only applicants whose resumes clearly demonstrate fulfillment of each of these minimum qualifications will be considered for this position.
- Two (2) years management experience in pharmacy operations
- One (1) year of clinical experience as a Pharmacist in a skilled nursing/long term care facility
- State of Minnesota Pharmacist License in good standing
- Knowledge and application of CMS rules and guidelines, and formulary management
- Experience in the Federal VA Healthcare system to include pharmacy rules, regulations, benefits and formulary
- Knowledge of QS1 Pharmacy System Software
- Third Party Billing Experience
- Knowledge of Veterans health care needs
- A Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) background check will be conducted on all finalists for this position. Finalists must pass the DHS background check.
- A Tuberculosis (Mantoux) screening (or chest x-ray) is required prior to employment.
- Employee reference checks will be conducted on all finalists. This may include a review of documentation related to job performance. It also includes contact with the applicant's former employer(s).