SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Posting Number: 0180047
Position Title: Business Analyst-Senior
(All postings close at 4:00 PM): 06-15-2018
NOTE: ANNOUNCEMENT IS REPOSTED FOR ADDITIONAL RECRUITMENT
Job Type: Classified - Permanent-Exempt
Examples of Duties:
1. Remain current regarding all federal and state regulations pertaining to student financial aid programs. Responsible for meeting extremely important deadlines required by the Department of Education.
2. Identify opportunities for improving Financial Aid & Special Programs (EOPS, CalWORKs, Scholarships, Guardian Scholar, etc.) business through automation.
3. Perform needs analysis of financial aid processes by reviewing, analyzing, and creating detailed documentation of financial aid system, process flows, staff and student needs. This component is required each school year as federal and state regulations changes.
4. Coordinate the loading of Institutional Student Information Records (ISIRs and CAISIRS) into the Banner system, as well as, packaging of federal, state and institutional aid. Write ad hoc reports using the College report writing system.
5. Transmit and request electronic data from the Department of Education and Common Origination and Disbursement (COD). Transmit information regarding new Dream Act applications from WebGrants (CSAC).
6. Organize and prepare a variety of technical reports, including creating and running population selections (POPSEL) in Banner. Locate and extract data from a variety of information sources (Banner, COD, EdConnect, NSLDS, CampusLogic, CSAC etc.).
7. Responsible for disbursement and meeting reconciliation regulatory deadlines of the following programs: PELL, FSEOG, Federal Work Study, scholarships, CAL Grant B, CAL Grant C, FTSSG, CCCG, Chafee Grants, direct subsidized loans, direct unsubsidized loans, and Free City stipends.
8. Research, troubleshoot, and advise on software interfaces with the Banner administrative system. Define business needs and analyze system upgrades and patch release guides documentation that directly affect financial aid programs. Make recommendations on installations, timing, and training.
9. Analyze impact of system (Common Origination & Disbursement (COD), EdConnect, Banner, National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), CampusLogic, AwardSpring, CCCAPPLY and FATV upgrades to existing financial aid processes to determine the potential impact to process flow.
10. Perform tasks at the operational level and customer service communication level associated with the administration of student financial aid. Adheres to federal and state policies, procedures and guidelines as well as those of the College and campus financial aid programs.
11. Troubleshoot issues that raise regarding students' accounts in Banner that may affect student financial aid payments.
12. Run daily/Weekly procedures for all Financial Aid programs to ensure proper processing, disbursements and implementation of the various programs, including PELL, SEOG, EOPS, CARE, CAL Grants, Chafee Grants CalWORKs, and scholarships.
13. Work closely with representatives from CampusLogic, AwardSpring and FATV to learn and manage products via phone, Web, and in person effective for communication.
14. Responsible for providing data to Research and IT departments for MIS and IPEDS reporting requirements.
15. Serves as the primary technical liaison between IT programmers as well as other institutional offices to develop technical solutions in support of institutional strategic initiatives affecting Financial Aid and special programs.
16. Write SQL and SQR queries. Learn, understand and modify as required existing SQL and SQR queries. May install and enhance software; program, test, debug and install new/modified programs. Create reports using ARGOS report writing software.
17. Monitor and schedule batch processing using Automics' job scheduling software.
18. Work in partnership with the District Business Office to ensure student funds are disbursed on a weekly basis throughout the semester, and reconciliation is processed weekly/monthly.
19. Responsible for assisting with training financial aid specialists and student services specialists in processes and procedures, staying current with all Title IV programs as well as state and federal regulations affecting technology enhancements.
20. Develop regular training materials and present training procedures to Financial Aid staff incorporating changes in regulations, software and office procedures.
21. Assist Coordinator/Associate Dean/Dean in overseeing day-to-day operations for the efficient functioning of the Financial Aid Office and generating statistical reports and yearly comparisons.
22. Attend conferences/trainings; via phone, Web and in person to keep abreast of pending changes in federal and state regulations for the Financial Aid program each new school year. Ellucian and Banner training for system changes and enhancements.
23. Analyze data processing needs; research and evaluate software on multiple platforms to assist users to meet their departmental goals; assist in developing the evaluation criteria for software.
24. Determine operating characteristics and requirements; develop or modify and document general system design; write detailed design specifications; conduct "walkthroughs" for proposed solutions to system problems.
25. Analyze the feasibility of and develop requirements for enhancements to existing systems; ensure the system design fits the needs of the users such as oversight, management and testing of Banner upgrades; functionality of integral processes to Financial Aid operations.
26. Provide technical support for computer and telecommunications systems; consult on the analysis of an application; troubleshoot system problems; implement solutions. Coordinate with outside vendors and contractors to complete projects and service requests; define, assign and evaluate their work.
27. Conduct system analysis and may conduct programming activities for complex systems; document new and modified system.
28. Interface with users to determine system needs and requirements; instruct users on newly implemented systems; define system requirements; may design and code programs; review impact of system modifications on existing systems.
29. May determine structure of databases; normalize data; perform conversion of data between platforms; design, develop and generate routine and ad hoc reports in response to user needs.
30. Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply, please visit our website at http://apptrkr.com/1232887