Program Assistant (1 Year Grant Funded Position)
Program Assistant (1 Year Grant-Funded Position)
Eagan Art House
The Eagan Art House Program Assistant is responsible for assisting with Eagan Art House grant programs for 2018, including outreach and special events. The position assists with scheduling, communication and support for new and current outreach programs. Part-time, recurring position. Schedule is flexible, primarily during the week, evening and weekend hours scheduled as needed. Scheduled hours will be up to 15 hours per week. There are no benefits associated with this position.
- Assist Recreation Supervisor with program delivery of Eagan Art House programs
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral are essential for this position
- Supply inventory and acquisition
- Event coordination and support
- Compile and evaluate reports for Supervisor
- Provide helpful and excellent customer service in person, on the phone and via email.
- Represent the Eagan Art House at off-site, public meetings and events as needed
- Keep supervisory staff informed of any concerns or issues related to staff or participants
- Track participant registration and facility schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Exceptional organizational and verbal communication skills
- Previous education or experience with event and/or facility coordination
- 1 year customer service experience
- Be a self-starter and efficiently problem solve
- Previous experience working with MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-pace setting
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to socially, physically and mentally perform all essential position functions in the working conditions as describe
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Experience with visual arts
- Previous experience with PowerPoint and Publisher
- Experience with Parks & Recreation, local municipalities and/or non-profit organization
- Experience with Rec Trac
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Specific vision abilities include close vision, distant vision, color vision and peripheral vision
Working conditions may include daytime, evening, weekend hours mostly indoors. For festivals, outdoor weather conditions may include sun, rain, wind, humidity, high and low temperatures, snow and other natural weather conditions.
Application deadline is Thursday, January 18th at 4:30pm (CST). Applicants must apply online via www.cityofeagan.com/jobs.